Thursday, June 2, 2011

My Friend Rabbit

By: Eric Rohmann (2002)
This book is about a rabbit that always seems to get into trouble, yet he has elaborate plans to get himself out of the trouble that he causes. Rabbit throws a toy plane up into a tree, and in order to get it out he rounds up a bunch of animals to stack on top of each other. The animals end up falling down and getting upset with rabbit, yet his friends still like him.

I liked the simple clean illustrations in this book and I thought that the animals that he collected to help him reach the plane were pretty funny. I thought the overall message of the story was cute, although I didn't think was anything earth shattering.

I think that kids would really like this book because of the silly plan that is hatched by rabbit to retrieve his plan. As a teacher I may have students try to predict the next animal that he is going to use to help him get the rabbit down.

No comments:

Post a Comment