Thursday, June 2, 2011

Winners Never Quit!

By: Mia Hamm (2004)
This book is about a young girl named Mia that loves soccer but hates losing. Whenever she misses a shot or loses she quits and goes home. Not liking this behavior, her friends decide to not let her play anymore because she has a bad attitude. Mia then decides that she would rather play sports than sit out and have a bad attitude so her friends decide to let her play and she starts having fun.

I liked this book because it talked about a topic that I have trouble with some times so I could really relate to Mia in this book.

As a teacher this would be a book that I would recommend to really competitive students that seemed to be having a hard time with losing. I think that the book would be really well received by students because of the positive message and the fact that it is written by a respected athlete like Mia Hamm.

No comments:

Post a Comment